Properties to let in Richmond, North Yorkshire


Giving Notice to Leave

An assured short term tenancy contract gives you security that you cannot be asked to leave a property within the first six months of the agreement. However, this contract also means that you are committed to paying rent and other bills such as council tax and utility bills for the first six months, even If you move out of the property within that time. You must give to the landlord or WardHorne, one month’s written notice to leave, which must run from rent day to rent day. If you require us to give a Landlord's reference to a new agent or tenant referencing company, there is a £10 charge, which can be paid to our office in cash or by online transfer.

Check Out Report

When you leave the property, either WardHorne or the landlord will inspect the property and contents and compare their condition to that described in the initial inventory. To make the process as fair as possible, WardHorne encourages the landlord to have an inventory clerk carry out the final inspection on their behalf, even if the property is not fully managed during the tenancy. An independent report is then passed to the landlord and the tenant.

In order to eliminate deductions from your deposit/bond WardHorne provides you with guidelines on how to leave the property such as furniture position and the condition of carpets and curtains.

Deposit/Bond Disputes

Where deteriorations are more than reasonable ‘wear and tear’, the landlord may ask to withhold part or all of your deposit/bond to cover the cost of replacement or repair. However, no money can be deducted from the deposit/bond unless both the tenant and the landlord agree. WardHorne do act as a mediator in any initial dispute. If an agreement cannot be reached, the tenant and landlord can jointly or separately raise a Dispute with the Deposit Scheme. They will consider the evidence supplied by all parties and return a verdict within 28 days. This cannot be appealed.

The Dispute Service - Tenancy Deposit Scheme
The Property Ombudsman

Deposit/Bond Returns

By law landlords must hold or insure your deposit/bond in a custodial deposit scheme to protect your money. Each scheme has different terms on when deposits should be returned; those relevant to your deposit will be given to you at the beginning of your tenancy in the form of ‘Prescribed Information’ for the scheme. More information on the DPS deposit protection is available here. There are other deposit protection schemes which landlords may use; website links and information can be provided when relevant.